Different types of muscular dystrophy are treated here at Cell Malaysia. FSC therapy not only prevents muscle wastage, but also has been proven to subside the main symptoms of this disease.
When we treat MD with fetal stem cells, we aim to build pools of those genetically healthy cells in the patient’s body, which are capable of producing dystrophin which can then penetrate into the affected cells. Some pools of specialized cells are also created during determination, differentiation and morphogenesis which are required by the patient’s body.
Stem Cell Therapy in MD offers two types of results
- It generates healthy muscle fibers: Fresh Stem Cells which are devoid of the genetic defect which causes MD can be introduced into the patient’s muscles, where they produce working muscle fibers to replace the damaged ones.
- Decreased inflammation: Stem Cell Therapy in MD reduces the inflammation in the damaged muscles, slowing down the advancement of the disease.
Treatment for Muscle Distrophy can take place at different stages of the disease, at varied levels of muscle atrophy and to patients at different capacities – be it in a wheelchair, to bedridden patients and also for patients who are able to walk independently.
FSC treatment brings down the deficiency of dystrophy, and leads to
- MD advancement reduction/inhibition
- Prevention of the destruction of the muscle fibers and preservation of muscle power and bulk
- Reduction/prevention of heart and respiratory complications.
- Reduction of muscle destruction/degeneration
- Restoration of independent living capacity
- Improved functioning of internal organs and systems
- Overall improvement in the quality of life